If you or a family member are experiencing any of the following:
- persistent sadness, depression or lack of motivation
- persistent guilt or worry
- difficulty concentrating at work or school
- ongoing irritability or anger
- intense mood fluctuations
- paranoia or hallucinations
- problems in relationships or with family members
- problems with socialization
- early childhood development issues
You may benefit from evaluation and treatment from a specialized mental health professional.
Modalities of treatment include, but are not limited to:
- Medication Management - medications that include psycho-stimulants used to treat ADHD, mood stabilizers, anti-depressants, neuroleptics, anti-psychotics and anxiolytics.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) - a modality that uses the connection between thoughts, feelings and behavior to effect a positive change in one's life. This modality is highly effective in treating depression and anxiety disorders and can be typically done over 10-14 weeks.
- Lifestyle Modification - sounds pretty simple yet hard for most to do. Modifying long standing patterns of diet, sleep and exercise (or lack of) can be challenging and requires skills for success.
PsychMD Services - Psychiatry Solutions that work just for you.
Divya Krishnamoorthy, M.D.
Board Certified Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatrist
What we evaluate and treat:
- Mood Disorders including Bipolar Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Attention Deficity Hyperactivity Disorders
- Disruptive Behavior Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders including Schizophrenia
- Disorders causing problems with sleep, weight control, and sexual dysfunction
- Relationship problems including marital difficulty and divorce
- Problems at work or school